2. Downtown Dayton has an occupancy rate of 96 to 98 percent, and owner-occupied housing has remained above 90 percent occupancy.
3. "We've definitely experienced a boom in the downtown housing market, but there was uncertainty in the growth potential for residential in downtown Dayton," said Scott Murphy, DDP vice president of economic development. "We conducted this study to address that uncertainty by estimating the depth of the residential market, and we're very pleased to see that we have significant potential to grow the downtown neighborhood."
»RELATED: Hot downtown Water Street District to expand with new apartments
4. There are currently 204 units under construction and another 432 units in the development pipeline.
5. The partnership is also hosting a "Downtown Housing Tour," which includes shuttles and three information stations for details about the different residential areas. The tour is May 20 from 1 to 5 p.m.
FIVE FAST BUSINESS READS:
• New brunch restaurant to open at Cornerstone of Centerville
• Department store with 4 Ohio locations files for bankruptcy
• Spa moving locations after 17 years in downtown Dayton
• Tickets left for tonight's First Four games
• 13M pints of Guinness to be consumed on St. Patrick's Day