Members of the Dayton Area Auto Dealers Association have reason to celebrate as their wares – brawny new trucks, high-tech models, popular sport-utility vehicles/crossovers and fuel-sipping hybrids or electric cars – congregate Feb. 21-24 at the 2019 Dayton Auto Show in an unveiling of the new range of what has arrived or will arrive in showrooms in the months ahead. The Dayton Convention Center, 22 E. Fifth St. in downtown Dayton, will be filled with 200-plus vehicles, including Harley-Davidson motorcycles.
Folks, get in on the celebration yourselves – you’ll see not only great vehicles but may win something worth upwards of $9,000, plus possibly T-shirts, trinkets and a TV.
The Miami Valley Chevrolet Dealers are generously offering a two-year lease, valued at more than $9,000, on a 2019 Chevy Equinox SUV to some lucky attendee. To enter, visit one of these Chevy dealerships between now and the show, or enter up until 1 p.m. on the last day of the show: American Chevrolet Buick GMC, Bud’s Chevrolet Buick, Dan Hemm Chevrolet Buick GMC Cadillac, Dave Kehl Chevrolet, Jeff Schmitt Chevrolet North, Jeff Wyler Springfield Chevrolet, Joe Johnson Chevrolet, Katterheinrich Chevrolet, Kerns Chevrolet Buick GMC, Larkin Cobb Chevrolet Buick GMC, Reichard Chevrolet, Jeff Schmitt Chevrolet South, Smedley’s Chevrolet, SVG Chevrolet, SVG Urbana, Steve Austin’s Auto Group, Voss Chevrolet or White Allen Chevrolet. Six finalists will then be drawn from the total entries at the dealerships.
Entries also will be accepted at the Dayton Auto Show Feb. 21-24 (entry time ends at 1 p.m. Feb. 24). One finalist will be drawn each day of the auto show, for a total of four additional finalists. All 10 finalists must attend the auto show Feb. 24 for the final drawing which will take place in the Chevrolet display at 3 p.m.
Other show highlights will be:
• Military Appreciation Days, Feb. 21-22, all with military ID will gain free entry, sponsored by the Dayton Area Toyota Dealers
• Back for a repeat, the Toyota Drive Center featuring different models for test-driving around downtown Dayton. Located at the main entrance on Fifth Street, the following vehicles may be available to drive, subject to change: the all-new RAV4, Highlander, 4-Runner and Tacoma.
• Another repeat: Fiat-Chrysler Ride & Drive Experience, featuring vehicles from Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, Ram and Fiat
• Special entertainment attractions for kids, including animals from Wild Hearts African Farm Mobile Teaching Zoo and balloon and face-painting artists, plus appearances by all four of the Cincinnati Reds mascots. For a schedule, go online to DaytonAutoShow.com.
• Scavenger hunt: Correctly identifying makes and models of vehicles featured in various photos during a photo scavenger hunt will give attendees the chance to win a flat-screen TV.
• As of Feb. 5, 2019 model year vehicles confirmed for a show appearance are the Chevrolet Blazer, BMW X7, BMW z4, Volvo S60 and the winner of the North American Utility Vehicle of the Year award last month in Detroit – the Hyundai Kona. 2020 model year vehicles slated to come include the Jeep Gladiator and Volkswagen Arteon.
Show sponsors are the Dayton Daily News, Springfield News-Sun, Miami Valley Chevrolet Dealers and Dayton Area Toyota Dealers.
For more information, look for a special 2019 Dayton Auto Show tabloid inserted in the Feb. 17 Dayton Daily News and Springfield News-Sun.