• Military Appreciation Days, Feb. 21-22, all with military ID will gain free entry, sponsored by the Dayton Area Toyota Dealers
• Back for a repeat, the Toyota Drive Center featuring different models for test-driving around downtown Dayton. Located at the main entrance on Fifth Street, the following vehicles may be available to drive, subject to change: the all-new RAV4, Highlander, 4-Runner and Tacoma.
• Another repeat: Fiat-Chrysler Ride & Drive Experience, featuring vehicles from Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, Ram and Fiat
• Special entertainment attractions for kids, including animals from Wild Hearts African Farm Mobile Teaching Zoo and balloon and face-painting artists, plus appearances by all four of the Cincinnati Reds mascots. For a schedule, go online to DaytonAutoShow.com.
• Scavenger hunt: Correctly identifying makes and models of vehicles featured in various photos during a photo scavenger hunt will give attendees the chance to win a flat-screen TV.
• As of Feb. 5, 2019 model year vehicles confirmed for a show appearance are the Chevrolet Blazer, BMW X7, BMW z4, Volvo S60 and the winner of the North American Utility Vehicle of the Year award last month in Detroit – the Hyundai Kona. 2020 model year vehicles slated to come include the Jeep Gladiator and Volkswagen Arteon.
Show sponsors are the Dayton Daily News, Springfield News-Sun, Miami Valley Chevrolet Dealers and Dayton Area Toyota Dealers.
For more information, look for a special 2019 Dayton Auto Show tabloid inserted in the Feb. 17 Dayton Daily News and Springfield News-Sun.