What happened in Detroit in January may be what happens in Dayton in February.
One of the biggest stars at the 2019 Dayton Auto Show, as it was at the North American International Auto Show in Detroit last month, could turn out to be a new variant of a very popular vehicle.
Hopes are high the 2020 Jeep Gladiator – hailing from its plant in Toledo – will appear, as it did to much acclaim in Detroit.
The new take on the Wrangler was the talk of the Detroit show. Let’s hope it rolls into Dayton. Even if it doesn’t, there will be 200-plus of the latest and greatest cars, pickup trucks, crossovers, SUVs, minivans, hybrids and Harley-Davidson motorcycles at the show, set for Feb. 21-24 at the Dayton Convention Center, 22 E. Fifth St. in downtown Dayton.
Plus, you may win some hot metal of your own.
The Miami Valley Chevrolet Dealers are generously offering a two-year lease on a 2019 Chevy Equinox SUV to some lucky attendee. Entries will be accepted starting Feb. 4 until 8 p.m. on Feb. 20 at any one of the Miami Valley Chevy Dealers’ locations: American Chevrolet Buick GMC, Bud’s Chevrolet Buick, Dan Hemm Chevrolet Buick GMC Cadillac, Dave Kehl Chevrolet, Jeff Schmitt Chevrolet North, Jeff Wyler Springfield Chevrolet, Joe Johnson Chevrolet, Katterheinrich Chevrolet, Kerns Chevrolet Buick GMC, Larkin Cobb Chevrolet Buick GMC, Reichard Chevrolet, Jeff Schmitt Chevrolet South, Smedley’s Chevrolet, SVG Chevrolet, SVG Urbana, Steve Austin’s Auto Group, Voss Chevrolet or White Allen Chevrolet. Six finalists will then be drawn from the total entries at the dealerships.
Entries also will be accepted at the Dayton Auto Show Feb. 21-24 (entry time ends at 1 p.m. Feb. 24). One finalist will be drawn each day of the auto show, for a total of four additional finalists. All 10 finalists must attend the auto show Feb. 24 for the final drawing which will take place in the Chevrolet display at 3 p.m.
Other show highlights will be:
• Military Appreciation Days, Feb. 21-22, all with military ID will gain free entry, sponsored by the Dayton Area Toyota Dealers
• Back for a repeat, the Toyota Drive Center featuring different models for test-driving around downtown Dayton. Located at the main entrance on Fifth Street, the following vehicles may be available to drive, subject to change: the all-new RAV4, Highlander, 4-Runner and Tacoma.
• Another repeat: Fiat-Chrysler Ride & Drive Experience, featuring vehicles from Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, Ram and Fiat
• Special entertainment attractions for kids, including animals from Wild Hearts African Farm Mobile Teaching Zoo and balloon and face-painting artists, plus appearances by all four of the Cincinnati Reds mascots. For a schedule, go online to DaytonAutoShow.com.
• Scavenger hunt: Correctly identifying makes and models of vehicles featured in various photos during a photo scavenger hunt will give attendees the chance to win a flat-screen TV.
Show sponsors are the Dayton Daily News, Springfield News-Sun, Miami Valley Chevrolet Dealers and Dayton Area Toyota Dealers.
For more information, look for a special 2019 Dayton Auto Show tabloid inserted in the Feb. 17 Dayton Daily News and Springfield News-Sun.