Hopes are high the winners of this year’s North American Car, Utility Vehicle and Truck of the Year awards will be displayed at the 2020 Dayton Auto Show. That would mean the Chevrolet Corvette, Kia Telluride and Jeep Gladiator, respectively, will be parked inside the Dayton Convention Center Feb. 20-23.
Even if they don’t, there will be upwards of 200 of the latest and greatest cars, pickup trucks, crossovers, SUVs, minivans, hybrids and Harley-Davidson motorcycles at the show.
Plus, you may win the use of some hot metal of your own.
The Miami Valley Chevrolet Dealers are once again offering a two-year lease, with a value of between $9,000 and $10,000, of a 2020 Chevy Equinox SUV to some lucky attendee. To enter, visit an area Chevy dealership between now and Feb. 19 or until 1 p.m. Feb. 23 at the show. Six finalists will be drawn from the total entries at the dealerships. One finalist will be drawn each day of the auto show, for a total of four additional finalists. Finalists will be notified by phone prior to Sunday’s drawing. All 10 finalists must attend the auto show Feb. 23 for the final drawing which will take place in the Chevrolet display at 3 p.m.
Before the Internet made so much vehicle-purchasing information available, prospective buyers had to drive from dealership to dealership for test drives and details on features and prices. At the convention center, 22 E. Fifth St., show-goers are welcome to open doors and slip behind the wheel of almost everything on the floor. Product advisors will be on hand to speak with and plenty of product information will be available, but the Ohio Bureau of Motor Vehicles does not permit direct selling at the show.
Other show highlights will be:
- Military Appreciation Days, Feb. 20-21; all with military ID will gain free entry, sponsored by the Dayton Area Toyota Dealers
- Back for a repeat, the Toyota Drive Center featuring different models for test-driving around downtown Dayton, located at the main entrance on Fifth Street
- Special entertainment attractions Feb. 22-23 for kids, including animals from Wild Hearts African Farm Mobile Teaching Zoo; visits from all four Cincinnati Reds mascots; and balloon and face-painting artists
- Photo scavenging hunt. Nine photos of certain aspects of show vehicles (make and model) will need to be identified for entry to win a Samsung 55-inch Ultra HD TV
- Selfie contest – posting a selfie with one’s favorite vehicle and the hashtag #DaytonAutoShow for the chance to win a gas gift card.
The 2020 Dayton Auto Show’s presenting sponsors are the Dayton Daily News and Springfield News-Sun.
For more information, look for a special 2020 Dayton Auto Show tabloid inserted in the Feb. 16 Dayton Daily News and Springfield News-Sun.
Thank you for reading the Dayton Daily News and for supporting local journalism. Subscribers: log in for access to your daily ePaper and premium newsletters.
Thank you for supporting in-depth local journalism with your subscription to the Dayton Daily News. Get more news when you want it with email newsletters just for subscribers. Sign up here.