Dayton Daily News reporters Randy Tucker, Mary McCarty and Chelsey Levingston are taking a closer look at how the Affordable Care Act affects you. Our series answers frequently asked questions and looks at how the uninsured, self-employed, the health care industry and businesses are impacted by the changes.
Ask Randy about the ACA
Send health care reporter Randy Tucker questions about how the Affordable Care Act will affect you.
Answers to your questions
- Q: How can small business owners enroll in the exchange?
- Q: How do I know if I qualify for the exchange?
- Q: Can I buy health insurance on the exchange if I already have insurance through an employer?
- Q: How do I sign up?
- Q: How much will I have to spend to buy coverage on the exchange?
- Q: What kind of coverage options can I expect to find on the exchange?
- Q: Will I be eligible for any other cost savings on the exchange?
- Q: As a small business owner, will I be eligible for a subsidy if I buy insurance for my employees on the exchange?
- Q: Does the exchange have a Spanish-language version?
- Q: What if my income is too low to qualify for the exchange?
What you need to know
Reporter Mary McCarty explains our coverage of the Affordable Care Act.
- FROM THE EDITOR: Cutting through the confusion
- OVERVIEW: Finding your way through the Health Insurance Marketplace
- CLEARING IT UP: Top 10 myths on the federal health law
- ANSWERING YOUR QUESTIONS: The Fact Squad responds
- WHO IS THE FACT SQUAD?: Meet the panel of experts
- CLARK HOWARD: What consumers can expect with Affordable Care Act
- PROTECTING YOURSELF: How to shield yourselves from ACA-related scam
- DIFFERENCES BY GROUP: Health care changes impact ages differently
- WATCHING YOUR HEALTH: Preventative health plays big role in reforms
- GLOSSARY: ABCs of the Affordable Care Act: a glossary for consumers
- ARTICLE: Confusion widespread as key deadline nears
- Q&A: The Affordable Care Act and your health coverage options
- INFOGRAPHIC: Where Medicaid is expanding
- INFOGRAPHIC: States' ACA marketplaces
- INFOGRAPHIC: Ohio health insurance coverage
- INFOGRAPHIC: Average health care spending in Ohio
- TIMELINE: Background of health care overhaul
- ARTICLE: Health care law depends on young adults participation
- LOCAL REACTION: New law could be ‘big help’
- LOCAL REACTION: A chance to go to the doctor
- LOCAL REACTION: ‘I need it the most’
- INTERACTIVE MAP: How many in Ohio are uninsured?
- ARTICLE: Health care industry braces for new law’s impact
- NEW INFORMATION: Premiums unveiled for health overhaul plans
- INFOGRAPHIC: Health premium estimates by state