Report: Family says boy was poisoned by termite spray, sues Terminix

More trending stories

The Florida Department of Health said the child showed signs of sulfuric fluoride poisoning - a toxic gas commonly used in Florida fumigations, according to the report.

Peyton’s family is suing Terminix. They claim they had the house sprayed and re-entered the home well after the safety period indicated in a note left by the company.

Peyton’s parents, Carl and Lori McCaughey, said the whole family became ill after returning home but everyone else recovered. 

The McCaugheys said Peyton is out of the hospital and back home, undergoing extensive therapies to recover, but his injuries may cause him to need life-long care.

Read more and watch the video here if you cannot see it below.

If you missed it last night, here is Carl & Lori's first interview.

Posted by Support Peyton McCaughey on Thursday, November 19, 2015

Thank you for reading the Dayton Daily News and for supporting local journalism. Subscribers: log in for access to exclusive deals and newsletters.

Thank you for supporting in-depth local journalism with your subscription to the Dayton Daily News. Get more news when you want it with email newsletters just for subscribers. Sign up here.

X