5. Don’t forget to incorporate black or white. White is a wonderful foundation color, while black adds a sense of glam and elegance.
6. Stay away from trendy pieces. It is better to choose pieces that will stand the test of time.
7. Add reflective surfaces such as mirrors. These elements can really glam up your table.
8. Try using real or dried fruits as decor elements. They not only add color, but are relatively inexpensive.
9. Look for interesting bowls and vessels to display your decor.
10. Don’t be afraid to display a minimalist look. Often single items done well can have impact.
Cathy Hobbs, based in New York City, is an Emmy Award-winning television host and a nationally known interior design and home staging expert with offices in New York City, Boston and Washington, D.C. Contact her at email@example.com or visit her website at www.cathyhobbs.com .