More than $2.4 million was allotted to infrastructure improvement needs across the command. These projects include restroom renovations, dorm room furnishing and appliances, fitness facilities, sidewalk repairs, mold mitigation, paint and more. The command designated $45,000 for lactation pods to be purchased, providing nursing mothers a space to nurse and to meet Air Force requirements.
“To deliver cutting-edge technology and support for our warfighters, we need to have the facilities and infrastructure to support a world-class force,” said Norman.
The list of funded projects include:
· Automated E-2875 Cloud Tool
· Civilian Discipline Automated Tracking Tool
· Bulk laptop purchase - Air Force Life Cycle Management Center
· Network expansion switches - Edwards Air Force Base
· Restroom renovations at multiple locations
· Dorm room furnishings, appliances - Wright-Patterson Air Force Base
· Dormitory repairs - Hill Air Force Base
· Paint, mold mitigation - Tinker Air Force Base
· Lactation pods, other building repairs - Wright-Patterson AFB
· Innovation Center electrical upgrades - Eglin Air Force Base
· Equal Opportunity office expansion - Tinker AFB
· Parking lot repair, reconfiguration – AEDC
· New facility sidewalk installation - Tinker AFB
· Fitness facilities improvements - Eglin AFB
· ZoomGov training licenses – Air Force Nuclear Weapons Center
The Commander’s Accelerated Initiatives Office continues to work with Airmen and leaders across the command to identify barriers and solutions to continue moving toward the AFMC We Need.
For more information on the AFMC We Need an ongoing efforts, visit https://www.afmc.af.mil/About-Us/AFMCweNeed/.