Throughout June, the commissary will run a number of sales promotions to help customers save more as they observe the Army’s 246th birthday, Flag Day and Father’s Day.
“As we celebrate these special days, the commissary is also delivering even greater savings to our service men and women and their families,” said Marine Sgt. Maj. Michael R. Saucedo, the Defense Commissary Agency’s senior enlisted adviser to the DeCA director. “We also remind our customers to visit their commissary website for more opportunities to save.”
On Commissaries.com, customers will find the Rewards and Savings section to access and download the latest sales flyer. Special highlights on healthy living, nutritious foods, recipes and other commissary services are included. As a reminder, OCONUS stores may have substitute events for certain promotional programs.
Here are a few sales specials to consider for commissary June savings:
· Father’s Day Deli/Bakery Sales Event. Celebrate dad with an in-store decorated, single layer Father’s Day cake on sale at your local commissary deli/bakery department June 17-20. Check store for availability.
· 4-Day Deal. From June 24-27, promotions are available for several commissary store brands: Freedom’s Choice 3 bag microwave popcorn varieties, 5 for $5, June 17-20, Freedom’s Choice Purified Water, 2 for $3, and Freedom’s Choice Spring Water, 2 for $4.
· Sub-Primal Meat Sale. Sub-primal meats are sold at-cost and can be processed and cut upon request. Customers must buy the entire sub-primal to receive the at-cost price. Consult your commissary meat department.
· Meat Power Boxes. Just in time for Father’s Day, customers can get all their meats for roasting, braising, stewing and grilling at participating stateside commissaries. Check with your meat department for availability.
· Congratulations Graduates. Let your commissary’s deli/bakery department help you plan the menu for your gathering to celebrate your graduate. From sandwich trays to sides and appetizers, your commissary can make it easy and fun. Also, June 18 is Sushi Day. Try adding a beautiful sushi tray from the commissary. Check store availability.
“I cannot stress enough how much you save – about 25 percent annually – by using your commissary benefit,” Saucedo said. “For our patrons who have not shopped their commissary, we welcome you to come experience a great shopping atmosphere and take advantage of savings that you’ve earned.”
About the Author