“The new Cedar Care Village Pharmacy will focus on the needs of our community, while also benefiting the pharmacy students at the university,” said Marc Sweeney, president of Cedar Care’s board and dean of the school of pharmacy. “This will be a teaching pharmacy for our students as well as a ministry to the Village of Cedarville.”
PHOTOS: Check out this nearly $1M Beavercreek home with outdoor pool
Cedarville University’s new venture could eventually expand too. The school is considering adding a clinic as well as additional retail services, according to the university.
Cedarville Hardware was owned by Glenn Fawcett who died in December. After Fawcett’s death, the university’s LLC offered to buy the hardware store.
The university expects to close on a deal to buy the store by May 24 but the school declined to disclose how much it will pay for the facility, said spokesman Mark Weinstein.
“We believe a pharmacy is in line with his legacy, and that this change would be something he would be proud of,” said Melissa Fawcett, a spokesperson for the Fawcett family.
FIVE FAST READS
• UD students can play with puppies, bunnies to take edge off exam week
• Area college took on #MeToo decades before a movement went mainstream
• Wright State was warned that more cuts were needed a year ago
• PHOTOS: Check out this luxury Kettering house with home theater
• Wright State to again sell land in Yellow Springs for $270K