Dramatic video shows Huber Heights woman warning neighbors about house fire

Dramatic video captured a woman running out of her home and attempting to warn occupants that their house was on fire.

Shannon Montgomery and her family live across the street from the house that burned in the 9100 block of Jasmine Drive. She was on the second floor of her home when she heard some popping sounds, almost like a gunshots, she said. Montgomery’s husband and son, who were downstairs, looked outside and noticed the garage of the home across the street engulfed in flames Monday night.

ExploreDayton mother, convicted of killing son in 1992, dies in Ohio prison

Immediately, the family called 911, and Montgomery ran out of her home, warning the occupants of the burning house and other neighbors that the structure was ablaze, she said.

“Is everybody out, is everybody out of there? Get out, get out,” she yelled while running up and down the street.

Meanwhile, Montgomery’s daughter, Maddie, filmed the burning house as her mother attempting to warn their neighbors, Shannon Montgomery said.

There were four people and two dogs in the home. The family got out of the home with one of their dogs when they couldn’t find the second one. However, firefighters found it when they arrived, and the dog was taken to an emergency veterinarian in Moraine, officials said.

Officials are still investigating where the fire started, but believe the area of origin is the garage, as it was the first reported sighting of the fire by the residents. The fire was dispatched at 9:49 p.m.

No injuries were reported, but RedCross will assist the family with displacement due to the extent of damage to the home from the fire.

Bethel Twp., Miami County, Vandalia, and Dayton fire crews assisted Huber Heights with the incident.

Got a tip? Call our monitored 24-hour line, 937-259-2237, or send it to newsdesk@cmgohio.com 

About the Author