The Burlington store in Trotwood has closed, a company representative told the Dayton Daily News today.
Representatives declined to give further details about why the store at 5120 Salem Ave. closed, but said a new Burlington store opened in Huber Heights at 5545 Executive Blvd.
PHOTOS: Thousands of bikers attend funeral for former Outlaw Motorcycle Club president
Fred Burkhardt, executive director of the Trotwood Community Improvement Corporation, said the view that people “can drive for it” isn’t a good one for retail.
“We had reached out to them and attempted to make contact with them specifically to see if there was anything to do to help them stay,” he said.
Burlington’s lease at the space ended in March, Burkhardt said.
FIVE FAST READS
• Ohio dairies closing amid four years of near record lows milk prices
• Gap to close 230 stores, split from Old Navy
• Victoria’s Secret closing more than 50 stores
• Luxury apartments, townhouses, carriage homes coming to Huber Heights
• JCPenney plans more store closures amid sales slump