Clark County house fire caused by fireworks, officials say house is total loss

Home in Park Layne suffers extensive damage

A fire caused extensive damage to a home Saturday night in the 600 block of Brumbaugh Drive in Park Layne.

The homeowner was in his garage setting up fireworks when they ignited, causing several explosions and the house to catch fire, according to Bethel Twp. Fire Department officials. The house was called a total loss by fire officials.

ExplorePHOTOS: Park Layne Fire Caused By Fireworks

The homeowner had minor burns, but was not taken to a local hospital.

Several vehicles were destroyed in the fire, officials said.

Crews from New Carlisle, Bethel Twp. (Miami County) and Huber Heights fire departments and the Clark County Sheriff’s Office also responded to assist.

About the Author