Verdict reached in Harrison Twp. murder case

UPDATE @ 10:15 a.m. (Oct. 2): 

A jury has found Deandre Dixon guilty on all nine charges he was faced with in the killing of Gregory Moses.

His sentencing has been scheduled for Oct. 17, according to an official at the Montgomery County Common Pleas court.

UPDATE @ 9:45 a.m. (Oct. 2): 

The jury in the murder case of Gregory Moses has reached a verdict, according to an official at the Montgomery County Common Pleas Court.

The verdict for Deandre Dixon is expected to be announced before 10 a.m.

UPDATE @ 8:10 p.m. (Sept. 29): The jury deciding the fate of Deandre Dixon will resume deliberations Monday, a court official said.

Montgomery County Common Pleas Judge Erik Blaine sent the jury home just after 8 p.m.

UPDATE @ 4:15 p.m. (Sept. 29)

The jury has started its deliberations. We will update you with all of the latest developments.


A bullet lodged into the skull of Gregory Moses was fatal, a Montgomery County Coroner’s Office employee testified Tuesday in the murder trial of Deandre Dixon.

Dixon, 27, is on trial in Judge Erik Blaine’s courtroom in Montgomery County Common Pleas Court. He faces murder, felonious assault and other counts related to the Dec. 2, 2016 death of Moses, 42.

RELATED: Opening statements expected in Dixon murder trial

The trial began Monday with opening statements and testimony from people on the scene and continued Tuesday morning with Dr. Mary Goolsby on the stand.

Goolsby, a deputy coroner, said a bullet went through the right side of Moses’ nose through to the left side and became lodged into the left occipital bone at the base of the skull.

RELATED: Harrison Twp. suspect appears in court for December fatal shooting

When asked by assistant Montgomery County prosecutor Lynda Dodd if that shot was fatal, Goolsby said, “Yes,” adding later that, “In this particular case, Mr. Moses sustaining this wound may have been able to survive for minutes, at the most, without medical intervention.”

Moses’ autopsy indicated he had used marijuana, according to toxicology results.

MORE: Read other stories from Mark Gokavi

Prosecutors alleged in court filings that Dixon shot and killed Moses in Moses’ Harrison Twp. home between 10:37 and 11:48 p.m. that day.

“As demonstrated in the photos and police reports, the shots were fired from the exterior of the home resided in and occupied by Mr. Moses, into the interior of the residence through a screen door,” Dodd wrote in a response to a request for a bill of particulars. “During this shooting Mr. Moses suffered serious physical harm from two gun shots.”

The trial resumes Wednesday morning and is scheduled to continue all week.

SOCIAL MEDIA: Follow Mark Gokavi on Twitter or Facebook


About the Author