When the Miami Twp. store opens this evening, Sexton and his girlfriend will have waited in the front of the line nearly 19 hours. But he said it’s worth it to save the extra cash.
»PHOTOS: Luxury condo with downtown view on market for $320K
“I debated about it. I didn’t even know if I was really going to come and then when I got off work yesterday I just thought it’s too good of a deal,” he said. “We’re going to spend way more if we don’t, so let’s just go do it.”
This is Sexton’s first time camping out for a deal, sleeping about five hours last night in below-freezing temperatures. He said after the shopping at Best Buy, he’ll go home and sleep, waiting until Cyber Monday to do any more shopping. But his girlfriend will probably go out again for other deals.
»PHOTOS: Former summer cottage of John Patterson on market for $785K
“It’s pretty cool being out with people on Thanksgiving who are in that Thanksgiving mood,” he said.
Meijer started its major sales at 6 a.m. this morning. Just an hour later nearly all of the hundreds looking to scarf up cheap televisions, iPads and Apple watches were in check out lines or already out the door.
FIVE FAST READS
• Area stores training employees using Virtual Reality
• 5 ways new tech will change your holiday shopping experience this year
• Store hours: Here’s when retailers will open for Thanksgiving, Black Friday sales
• Amazon plans to split HQ2 between two cities
• Ohio shifting red could impact federal resource allocation