Franklin approved contracts to begin the city’s annual street paving and sidewalk repair programs.
City Council approved a $289,694 contract Monday to pave six streets starting at the end of this month.
Streets to be paved include:
- Argile Court, from Arlington Avenue to the south terminus
- Graham Drive, from Ohio 123 to the south terminus
- Hemlock Street, from Virginia Avenue to Arlington Avenue
- Normal Drive, from Virginia Avenue to the north terminus
MORE: Man who robbed Butler County bank to buy engagement ring sentenced to prison
Council also approved a $216,775 contract for the annual sidewalk repair program, which is expected to start in mid-June.
The area in phase three of the program is bounded by Riley Boulevard, East Fourth Street, East Second Street and Interstate 75 as well as including Minnick Street, Patti Court and Harding Court in the Franklin Woods subdivision.
This is the third year of the program. Last year, the area of the city north of East Second Street was completed. In 2019, the fourth phase of the program will include areas of the city south of East Fourth Street, city officials said.
State law grants the city the special power to require property owners to address these issues and set a timeline for completion.
Conway said all affected owners were contacted and had until May 31 to complete the needed construction or repairs on their own if they choose to. The costs for repairs completed by the city’s contractor will be assessed to the property owners on their property tax bill to repay the city.
Affected streets in this phase of the program include:
- Allen Street, from East Second Street to East Third Street
- Alvin Court, from Julia Drive to north terminus
- Apache Drive, from Shawnee Drive to Sherman Drive
- Beam Drive, from East Second Street to East Fourth Street
- Charles Court, from Millard Drive to east terminus
- Choctaw Circle, from Sherman Drive to Sherman Drive
- David Boulevard, from East Fourth Street to Moore Drive
- Dwinell Court, from Beam Drive to north terminus
- East Fourth Street (north side), from Riley Boulevard to Interstate 75
- East Second Street (south side), from Riley Boulevard to Conover Drive
- East Third Street, from Hill Avenue to Allen Street
- Eastlawn Drive, from East Second Street to corporation limit
- Easton Street, from Beam Drive to east terminus
- Faulkner Way, from Minnick Street to Patti Court
- Fitzgerald Way, from Harding Court to west terminus
- Foster Street, from Kristine Drive to north terminus
- Greenup Court, from East Fourth Street to Thomas Drive
- Harding Court, from Pam Drive to north terminus
- Hill Avenue, from East Third Street to East Fourth Street
- Hollyhock Avenue, from East Second Street to south terminus
- John Street, from Millard Drive to Michaels Drive
- Julia Drive, from Millard Drive to Beam Drive
- Kristine Lane, from Martha Drive to north terminus
- Locust Street, from East Second Street to south terminus
- Martha Drive, from David Boulevard to east terminus
- Mayer Court, from East Fourth Street to north terminus
- Michaels Drive, from Millard Drive to corporation limit
- Millard Court, from Millard Drive to west terminus
- Millard Drive, from East Second Street to Stanton Court
- Minnick Street, from Fitzgerald Way to south terminus
- Moore Drive, from East Second Street to Foster Street
- Pam Drive, from Patti Court to east terminus
- Patti Court, from Minnick Street to east terminus
- Riley Boulevard, from East Second Street to East Fourth Street
- Ruth Drive, from Foster Drive to Millard Drive
- Shawnee Court, from north terminus to south terminus
- Sherman Drive, from Michaels Drive to East Fourth Street
- Stanton Court, from Harding Court to north terminus
- Thomas Drive, from East Fourth Street to David Boulevard
About the Author