Franklin High School evacuated this morning due to natural gas odor

An odor of natural gas led to the temporary evacuation of Franklin High School this morning.

Superintendent Michael Sander said students and staff exited the building at 8:40 a.m. until city and fire crews could assess the situation.

He said the building’s air intake was closed until the gas leak in the nearby Franklin Woods neighborhood was repaired.

No students were injured, and medics were on scene if needed, Sander said.

Students re-entered the building at 9:15 a.m., and classes resumed at 9:25 a.m.

About the Author