Analysts have said partnerships, acquisitions and mergers are one of the only ways traditional grocers will survive as they look to keep up with Amazon.
»RELATED: Toys “R” Us could be coming back
Grocery analyst Brittain Ladd has suggested that Kroger should take even larger steps by merging with stores like Target or being acquired by bulk foods store Costco to avoid being surpassed by Amazon in grocery sales.
Kroger is the largest regional grocery provider with 44 supermarkets, 12 locations with Kroger Grocery Pickup services and another 10 locations with Starbucks services in the region. The popular grocer employs more than 8,100 associates in the Dayton region.
FIVE FAST READS
• Walmart to buy plus apparel brand
• Elder-Beerman’s website relaunched with similar brands
• What to know about the amusement store moving into Beavercreek’s Sears
• What’s killing Sears? CEO says pensions
• Tipp City luxury home built by German Baptist crew for sale