In 2010, Connor, a pilot, personally delivered medical supplies to earthquake victims in Haiti.
The plane is donated for use by relief organizations like the Red Cross, FEMA and others, The Connor Group stated.
“We only had two stipulations for the use of the plane: make sure it’s is filled with critical supplies, like water and food, going into Puerto Rico,” Connor stated. “And make sure you bring back as many people that you can that are in need of evacuation.”
So far, the group has delivered about 2,000 pounds of supplies and evacuated 30 people, with additional rescue missions planned this week.
The Connor Group said evacuees included women, children, the elderly, the sick, and people seeking to reunite with their families on the mainland.
FIVE FAST BUSINESS READS
• Dayton outreach event targets diverse suppliers
• Another local community bans medical marijuana operations
• Report: Ohio craft beer industry has $2.7B impact
• Dayton area getting 1,475 new apartments
• Health center gets grant for renovation