Payroll for local government employees comes from your money. So the I-Team is marking national Sunshine Week this year by giving you information on how your tax dollars are being spent.
Last year, the I-Team performed an exhaustive analysis of local payroll and created a searchable database of 2014 pay for governments across our region, including all employees who made more than $50,000 in gross pay.
Using Ohio’s public records laws, we are updating that database with 2015 numbers, most recently breaking out pay for the city of Dayton. The database will be updated as new data is received.
Next, we bring you the city of Springboro.
Springboro City Manager Christine Thompson was the city’s highest-paid employee last year, pulling in $118,866 in gross pay.
Thompson was one of 47 city workers who were paid more than $50,000 last year, putting them in our I-Team Payroll Project database.
The 10 highest-paid employees in the city of Springboro last year were:
1. City Manager Christine Thompson: $118,866
2. Assistant City Manager Christopher Pozzuto: $103,567
3. Police Chief Jeffrey Kruithoff: $100,984
4. Finance Director Robyn Brown: $100,672
5. Development Director Elmer Dudas: $92,202
6. Police Lieutenant Daniel Lee Bentley: $92,002
7. Public Service Director Vincent Murphy: $89,883
8. Police Lieutenant Tim Parker: $89,314
9. Police Sergeant Larry Bush: $88,606
10. Police Sergeant Donald Wilson: $87,366
Contact I-Team reporter Josh Sweigart at Josh.Sweigart@coxinc.com if you have a suggestion for a government we should add to the database.
Thank you for reading the Dayton Daily News and for supporting local journalism. Subscribers: log in for access to your daily ePaper and premium newsletters.
Thank you for supporting in-depth local journalism with your subscription to the Dayton Daily News. Get more news when you want it with email newsletters just for subscribers. Sign up here.