Winter weather and travel plans are not a good mix, so if the winter storm impacted your travel plans, here are some tips AAA offers:
- Contact your airline to check the status of your flight: Travel agents can help travelers find alternative vacation destinations, rearrange trips and help make evacuation plans
>> Other Weather News: Snow showers this evening; Winter temps the next few days
- Don’t pack prescription medication, car keys, travel documents, passports, visas, or documents in checked luggage: If there’s a delay, you’ll have your essentials
- Understand all available options: Some hotels and airlines allow travelers to postpone or re-book at no charge because of extreme weather, so find out what your hotel, airline and tour operator allows
>> Other Weather News: Wet weather driving safety: What you need to know
- Review travel insurance: Find out what it covers such as delays or cancellations and ask how to file a claim
- Check with weather websites and highway transportation sites if traveling by car because some freeways and roads may be shut down
>> Related Weather News: AAA winter weather driving tips
Thank you for reading the Dayton Daily News and for supporting local journalism. Subscribers: log in for access to your daily ePaper and premium newsletters.
Thank you for supporting in-depth local journalism with your subscription to the Dayton Daily News. Get more news when you want it with email newsletters just for subscribers. Sign up here.