2. Greeneville, Mississippi - 2016
Three children fell from a Ferris wheel at the Greene County Fair due to a “mechanical failure,” according to local news reports. Three girls fell more than 35 feet, and a 6-year-old suffered a traumatic brain injury.
3. Lincoln, Nebraska
An 11-year-old girl was critically injured at an Omaha Cinco de Mayo celebration. The girl fell out of her seat, and her hair got caught in a ride mechanism. Her scalp was torn away from her head, according to omaha.com.
4. Frederick County, Virginia - 2016
A woman was injured at the Frederick County Fairgrounds while riding the "Super Shot." The cables on the ride snapped, and the seat the woman was in detached from the main frame of the ride, reported WUSA9. The fall was about 40 feet.
5. Colorado Springs, Colorado - 2014
A teen was thrown around his seat midair when the “Sky Fire” ride malfunctioned at the Colorado State Fair, local news organizations reported. The teen was seriously injured.
FIVE FAST READS
• Thunderbirds celebrate milestone year representing US Air Force
• Kroger launches fashion apparel brand
• 5 surprising ways Kroger is changing stores in 2018
• This $2 million Warren County estate is a rural paradise with a resort-style pool
• You won't believe the inside of this INCREDIBLE Oakwood house