4 Cincinnati students hospitalized after ingesting marijuana-laced edible at lunch

Cincinnati Public Schools.

Combined ShapeCaption
Cincinnati Public Schools.

Four Cincinnati Public Schools students were hospitalized this week after ingesting a "marijuana-laced product" at lunch, and another student has been charged related to the incident, according to CPS spokesperson Lauren Worley.

A total of six students ingested the product, she said. Worley said she thinks the edible was a brownie.

She said several students began to get sick after lunch, and one girl began throwing up. Worley said it's not clear how many of the edibles were purchased or taken by students.

One of the hospitalized students is still in the hospital, she said.

One student, who is a minor, has been charged with five counts of felonious assault, according to Worley. That student is currently being held in juvenile detention.

About the Author