Multiple Applebee's restaurants across Ohio have been impacted by a data breach, according to a release from RMH Franchise Holdings.
Customers who used a credit card at dozens of locations between Dec. 6 and Jan. 2 could be victims of credit card fraud and identity theft, the company stated in a March 2 release.
Restaurants in the Dayton and Cincinnati areas were affected, including locations in Dayton, Xenia, Springboro, Kettering, West Chester, Springfield, Hamilton, Sidney, Troy and Centerville.
TRENDING >>> Is our drinking water safe in the Dayton area?
The data breach only impacted stores within the RMH network of restaurants and not the broader Applebee’s network, according to the release.
“RMH believes that unauthorized software placed on the point-of-sale system at certain RMH-owned and -operated Applebee’s restaurants was designed to capture payment card information and may have affected a limited number of purchases made at those locations,” the release states. “Certain guests’ names, credit or debit card numbers, expiration dates and card verification codes processed during limited time periods could have been affected.”
Local restaurants impacted
• 1991 Harner Drive, Xenia
• 881 W Central Ave, Springboro
• 105 N. Springboro Pike, 6242 Wilmington Pike, both in Dayton
• 1725 Delco Park Drive, Kettering
• 3240 Towne Blvd, Middletown
• 1800 W. First Street, Springfield
• 8331 Old Troy Pike, Huber Heights
• 6084 Mulhauser Rd, West Chester
• 9660 S Mason Montgomery Rd, Mason
• 3169 Princeton Rd, and 700 NW Washington Blvd, both in Hamilton
• 5331 Pleasant Ave, Fairfield;
• 221 N. Vandemark Road, Sidney
1759 W. Main St., Troy
• Multiple Cincinnati area locations
RMH reports steps have been taken to contain the data breach and they are working with cyber security experts as part of the investigation.
Customers who dined at a local restaurant from Dec. 6 to Jan. 2 should review their credit card statements and notify the credit card company if there are any unauthorized charges.
For more information, call 888-764-7357.