The Dayton Daily News was recognized for its work in the annual Ohio Associated Press Media Association’s contest and Tom Archdeacon was announced as an inductee into the organization’s hall of fame.
Fifty-six daily newspapers submitted 1,630 entries in the contest, which featured news and sports stories, features, editorials, columns, graphics and photos from 2019.
Winning awards for the Dayton Daily News among the state’s largest newspapers were:
• Kaitlin Schroeder, best business writer in the state
• Amelia Robinson, best feature writer in the state
• Laura Bischoff, best news writer in the state and third place for explanatory reporting
• Adrian Zamarron, third place for full-page design
• Ty Greenlees, second place for best news photo
• Amelia Robinson and Cory Frolik, second place best digital project
• Dayton Daily News staff: best illustration/informational graphic
• Dayton Daily News staff: best spot news coverage
• Dayton Daily News staff: third place for best digital presence
Archdeacon, a longtime award-winning sports writer and columnist for the Dayton Daily News, will be inducted into the Ohio APME Hall of Fame at a later date.
Thank you for reading the Dayton Daily News and for supporting local journalism. Subscribers: log in for access to your daily ePaper and premium newsletters.
Thank you for supporting in-depth local journalism with your subscription to the Dayton Daily News. Get more news when you want it with email newsletters just for subscribers. Sign up here.