Traffic issues can be reported by calling our newsroom at (937) 259-2237 or tweeting @WHIOTraffic.
Major Highway Incidents
- No incidents to report.
Surface Street Incidents
- On Salem Avenue north of Free Pike in Harrison Twp., deputies responded to a crash reported around 8:10 a.m.
- On Harshman Road near Ohio 4 in Riverside, a reported injury crash occurred around 7:30 a.m. Crews responding.
- On Hoover Avenue near Lorenz Avenue in Dayton, a two-vehicle crash was reported just after 5 a.m. Crews responding.
» RELATED: WHIO Weather App
Ongoing Construction & Other Closures
Live look at highways on our traffic cameras here.
Latest traffic conditions are also available on our traffic map.
- Chambersburg Road from Bellefontaine Road east for approx. 2,000 feet in Huber Heights, ROAD CLOSURE, the eastbound lanes will be closed beginning April 15 for three to four months for roadway widening. Westbound traffic will remain open. The official detour is Taylorsville Road.
- The Schantz Avenue Bridge over South Dixie Highway in Kettering, BRIDGE CLOSURE beginning Monday, April 1, for complete replacement of the bridge and the retaining wall. The project is expected to take 7 to 8 months. Detour signs are posted along the road. Drivers are encouraged to use alternative routes during peak traffic hours to avoid possible delays
- On Washington Street in Dayton, between the U.S. 35 west exit and South Perry Street, a major reconstruction project will block parts of Washington Street into 2020. Phase one of the project blocks westbound traffic starting at South Jefferson Street. Traffic from the U.S. 35 West exit ramp will be diverted north onto South Jefferson Street toward downtown Dayton. Drivers can access South Main and South Ludlow streets from West Fifth Street.
- Foley Drive between Bristol Drive and National Road, ROAD CLOSURE, beginning March 4 until the end of June. It’s a total rebuild of Foley Drive and will consist of replacing water lines, sewer lines, gravel base, catch basins, curbs and driveway approaches. More information is available here.
- Keowee Street north of Stanley Avenue, the bridge remains closed. The official detour is Keowee to Stanley to I-75 to Wagner Ford Road and back to Dixie. More information is available here.
- I-70, between U.S. 68 and 72, the traffic pattern shifts Sept. 24 through August to the outside portion of the interstate. Two lanes are available in each direction with reduced lane width.
- Urbana Woodstock Pike between McMahill Road in Champaign County and Connor Road in Union County, ROAD CLOSURE beginning Monday, April 15 for a period of 4 to 6 weeks for the installation of a 9 foot precat concrete beam culvert.
- SR 118 between SR 49 and Russ Road, ROAD CLOSURE March 25 - Aug. 30. The official detour is: SR 49 to SR 47.
- Sweitzer/West Fourth streets between Pine and Sycamore streets, ROAD CLOSURE continues through May 31, 2019. The official detour is Pine Street to Washington Avenue to Broadway.
- SR 47 between Shaffer Road and Wolf Road, ROAD CLOSURE April 22 - May 3. The official detour is: SR 47 to SR 185 to US 127.
- On West Second Street between South Progress Drive and South Church Street/U.S. 42 in Xenia, road construction will cause temporary lane closures and delays beginning Monday, Apr. 8 - October, 2019. The City of Xenia Engineering Division advises motorists to seek alternate routes for the duration of the project. More information is available here.
- SR 235 between Ash Avenue and Lake Drive, BRIDGE CLOSURE March 11 - May 11. The official detour is: SR 235 to SR 366 to US 33 north to SR 385 east to SR 117 to SR 235.