Electrical fire damages Miami Twp. home on Southlea Drive

Credit: DaytonDailyNews

Combined ShapeCaption
Electrical fire in Miami Twp.

Credit: DaytonDailyNews

MIAMI TWP., Montgomery County -- An electrical fire that broke out in a home on Southlea Drive has left the residence temporarily uninhabitable.

Miami Valley Fire District officials said an electrician was working on appliances and noticed smoke.

Fire crews dispatched about 5:15 p.m. to the home in the 2100 block of Southlea found smoke and fire in the attic.

A fire district officer at the scene estimates the fire caused $15,000 to $18,000 damage to the structure and the contents.

No one was injured and firefighters were able to save three cats. The residents were not in the home at the time of the fire.

About the Author