Fire crews moved residents of the Riverside Healthcare Center to other areas of the facility as they traced both the smoke and natural gas smell Sunday morning.
Fire crews responded to a report of a structure fire at the healthcare facility on King Tree Drive in Harrison Township around 9:45 a.m., per initial reports.
The source was a malfunctioning light in the facility’s physical therapy room. Officials said that the light ballast failed, causing the it to overheat.
The malfunctioning light was removed.
Harrison Township fire crews were assisted by the Trotwood fire department.
In Other News
NWS: Tornado touched down near Troy early Saturday
More than 5,000 Miami Valley residents remain without power
Historical Society of Germantown celebrates 50th year
Our most-read stories from March: New downtown hotel opens, Mikesell’s...
March business news in Dayton: 1 opening, 1 move, and 8 project updates
About the Author