A fire occurred at a home on Johnson Road as a result of a ceiling fan overheating Tuesday morning, fire officials confirm.
OTHER LOCAL NEWS: Smoke fills Dayton Mall store after HVAC unit malfunctions
Crews were dispatched to the 3800 block on a reported electrical fire around 1:56 a.m., per initial reports.
When they arrived on scene, smoke and flames were coming from the ceiling fan, prompting firefighters to upgrade the incident to a working structure fire, said Capt. Richard Craig with the German Twp. Fire Department.
Fire crews were able to knock the fire out quickly and it did not spread beyond the ceiling in the kitchen and dining room area where the fan was located.
The residents were able to escape unharmed and will be able to stay at the home.
Damage estimates were not immediately available.
Pike Twp. assisted with the incident.
Thank you for reading the Dayton Daily News and for supporting local journalism. Subscribers: log in for access to your daily ePaper and premium newsletters.
Thank you for supporting in-depth local journalism with your subscription to the Dayton Daily News. Get more news when you want it with email newsletters just for subscribers. Sign up here.