Caption

Fire starts after man works on scooter in basement

A man was working on a scooter in the basement of his South Smithville Road house when a fire started, according to fire investigators.

The fire was reported in the 2900 block of South Smithville around 2:35 p.m.

>> ‘Team Tyre’ starts high school: Meet the Springboro quintuplets who reached a milestone today

Firefighters said the man was able to get out of the house safely.

The fire was contained to the basement, however the home is not able to be lived in, firefighters said.

Recommended for you

Recommended for you

Recommended for you

Most read

  1. 1 Pike County murders: Court docs give insight into custody battle
  2. 2 Why is El Greco's Pizza Villa closing?
  3. 3 Man pronounced dead at scene of Dayton crash identified

More from Daytondailynews