Fire causes significant damage inside Fairborn house

UPDATE @ 2:05 p.m.: 

A Fairborn house sustained significant damage after a fire broke out inside Thursday morning, according to investigators.

>>VIDEO: Crews battle smoke and flames shooting from house in Union

The fire was reported by a neighbor who spotted smoke coming from the house in the 100 block of Madison Avenue around 11 a.m.

No one was inside the house when firefighters arrived and it was later determined the structure was vacant, according to Ryan Williams, Fairborn Assistant Fire Chief.

Significant damage was reported inside the house, with bot the ceiling and roof sustaining fire damage, Williams said.

No injuries were reported.


Crews have reported heavy flames and smoke are coming from a house on Madison Avenue in Fairborn, according to initial reports.

The house fire was reported in the 100 block of Madison Avenue around 11 a.m.

There have been no initial reports of injuries.

We have a crew on the way and we’ll update this story as we learn more.

About the Author