High water and flooding reports are affecting roads in northern Miami Valley as heavy rain continues to move through Friday morning.
RELATED: Flooding: Know your risks
Strong to severe storms began late Thursday, moving south and east, with reports of large hail in northern areas such as Auglaize County.
Radar indicates three inches of rain may have already fallen, with another inch possible through the morning.
A Flood Warning is in effect until 4:45 p.m. for Auglaize, Champaign, Logan, Shelby and Union counties.
All Severe Thunderstorm Warnings have expired.
With water across the roadway, drivers cannot always determine the depth of the water or the condition of the road under the water, the Ohio Department of Transportation said.
Six inches of moving water can knock a person down and a mere two feet of water can move a large vehicle.
The following roads are some of those affected because of flooding as of 2:45 p.m.
- In St. Mary’s, law enforcement reports a flood with high water reported on roadways.
- In St. Mary’s, Ohio 29 at Plattner Pike
- Ohio 197 between Kossuth Loop and National roads
- Upper Valley Pike between Lippencott and Sullivan roads and between Sullivan Road and U.S. 68
- Clark Road between Ohio 296 and Herr Road
- Ohio 814 between Swisher Road and Ohio 286
- Ohio 559 between U.S. 36 and Ohio 161
- In Bellefontaine, a trained spotter reported a flood with water over Troy Road
- In Bellefontaine, County Road 13 is closed between Ohio 235 and County Road 130 due to flooding
- In Lewisburg, Ohio 287 is closed in both directions between Ohio 347 and TR 177 for flooding
- In Lewisburg, Ohio 559 is closed in both directions between Ohio 287 and TR 258
- In Lakeview, Ohio 274 is closed in both directions between Ohio 235 and TR 23 for flooding
- In Lakeview, Grove Avenue is reportedly impassible due to flooding
- Ohio 254 between TR 1011 and Ohio 117
- Ohio 287 between Ohio 245 and Ohio 347
- In Celina, many roads, west of Celina including Ohio 29 have high water
- In Botkins, flowing water is reportedly completely covering Botkins Road and Sidney Freyburg Road
- At Jackson Center, flowing water has completely covered Main Street and Pike Street
- At Jackson Center, law enforcement are reporting approximately two-and-a-half feet of water on Robb Street
- Portions of Miami River Road
- Ohio 29 in McCartyville
Thank you for reading the Dayton Daily News and for supporting local journalism. Subscribers: log in for access to your daily ePaper and premium newsletters.
Thank you for supporting in-depth local journalism with your subscription to the Dayton Daily News. Get more news when you want it with email newsletters just for subscribers. Sign up here.