Student members learn to research community issues that affect area youth, plan and conduct meetings, learn about leadership and make decisions to approve or decline grant proposals.
YPC officers include: President Libby Crank, Badin High School, Vice President, Isabel Dingeldein, Hamilton Badin High School, Secretary, Morgan Mayer, Hamilton High School, Treasurer, Grace Taylor, Hamilton High School.
MORE: Staffer: Hamilton needs college grads
The following non-profit organizations received a grant from the YPC this spring:
• Abilities First — $5,000 for the Summer Therapy Program
• Butler County Educational Services Center — $4,980 for Kindergarten Readiness Camp
• Big Brothers Big Sisters- $900 for the COUL Active Lifestyle program
• Boys and Girls Club — $1,500 for Get Fit With Zumba
• Caring Closet — $5,000 for Caring Closet Grows
• Hamilton Living Water Ministry — $1,865 for Summer Camp
• Miami University — $4,931 for Youth Citizen’s Academy
• Millville Avenue Meal Center — $5,000 for Ready-Set-Go!
• Muscular Dystrophy Association — $5,000 for 2017 MDA Summer Camp
• PARACHUTE Court Appointed Special Advocates — $2,500 for Be a Child’s Voice
• SELF — $2,500 for Neighbors Who Care Home Repair
• YWCA Girls Inc. — $1,644 for Mind + Body