One person was injured in a fire this morning in the 100 block of North Chillicothe Street when he tried to put out the flames himself.
The blaze was reported just after 7:30 a.m. today. Officials said the homeowner sustained minor burns and was taken to a local hospital.
No one else was home at the time of the fire, as children were at school and the mother was at work, according to fire officials.
The fire was contained to a bathroom.
Police scanner traffic indicated a request had been made for the American Red Cross to be notified for the need for assistance to a family that may be displaced as a result of the fire.
This story will be updated as more information is made available.
Thank you for reading the Dayton Daily News and for supporting local journalism. Subscribers: log in for access to your daily ePaper and premium newsletters.
Thank you for supporting in-depth local journalism with your subscription to the Dayton Daily News. Get more news when you want it with email newsletters just for subscribers. Sign up here.