There is no place like home for the holidays, and a one-of-a-kind event coming to the Dayton area will offer an entire weekend of shopping with that theme in mind.
Shoppers looking to beat the Black Friday rush and skip mundane online ordering can find an exclusive shopping experience at Vintage Market Days Dayton. An upscale vintage and vintage-inspired indoor/outdoor market that travels to cities across the United States, Vintage Market Days features original art, clothing, jewelry, handmade items, home decor, outdoor furnishings, consumable yummies, seasonal plantings, and more.
"Home for the Holidays" is the theme of Vintage Market Days Dayton, which will run from Friday, Nov. 2, through Sunday, Nov. 4, at the Greene County Fairgrounds (210 Fairground Road, Xenia). The event includes two barns of vendors, DIY demonstrations and fresh wreath classes, free face-painting for kids for a limited time on Saturday, and live music and food trucks all weekend. Doors open at 10 a.m. each day.
“Think ‘HGTV meets Makers Market meets estate sales meets Etsy meets your local boutique,’” said Tonya Ross of Vintage Market Days. “You will find something for your family, home, and even your closet at this event.”
The carefully selected list of vendors is one of the notable draws of the event. Vendors from the Miami Valley and 14 other states were chosen by a jury, based on variety, originality, and quality of goods sold.
"Holiday shopping or not, this is a great event to attend with friends and family and find some special pieces to take home,” said Ross. “We've had bridal parties attend past events, looking for wedding décor; professional photographers come to find photo props; and new homeowners purchase pieces to furnish their home.”
Top 5 Vintage Market Days holiday finds
- Original art: Find the perfect piece to accent your own style and design. Many artists will be on-site for you to meet, including one who does pet drawings on paper, stockings, and totes.
- Clothing and jewelry: Expand and accessorize any wardrobe with vintage finds and handmade designs waiting to be discovered.
- Vintage: Furniture, glassware, ceramics and more. Browse a wide selection of pieces and bring home the perfect treasure.
- Home décor and furnishings: Hunt for a painted hall table, funky mirror, or throw pillow and pick up unique pieces not sold in big box stores.
- Seasonal plantings: Scientifically proven to clean the air and improve mood, bring home a plant to spruce up any space.
Ticket options allow shoppers to come for a day or the full weekend. Friday, Nov. 2, is reserved for shoppers who purchase an Early Buying Event ticket for $10. The Early Buying Event ticket is a three-day pass which provides exclusive access on Friday and reentry on Saturday and Sunday.
General admission tickets are $5 and are valid for Saturday, Nov. 3, or Sunday, Nov. 4. Admission for children under 12 is free, and group discounts are available online for large groups. All tickets allow reentry with an event wristband.
"Vintage Market Days Dayton is the perfect opportunity to get a jump start on your holiday shopping," said Ross. "There truly is something for everyone."