’Maintain a watchful eye’, District Chief says on scene of a kitchen fire

Crews responded to a kitchen fire, reported around 7:40 p.m. in the 30 block of South Plaza Avenue in Dayton.

>> Lightening said to be possible cause of fire in Piqua

The fire was caused by food left unattended on the stove, an incident that likely won't be isolated as people are spending more time at home.

"It's important to not leave the room and leave the stove top unattended, because that's when we have fires," District Chief Cheryl Clark of the Dayton Fire Department said.

The residents were not home when the fire started.

“Maintain a watchful eye on your cooking,” Clark said.

There were no injuries, but the stove will have to be removed from the home.

About the Author