Natural gas smell forces evacuation of Harrison Twp. school

A smell of natural gas forced the evacuation of a Harrison Twp. school Wednesday morning.

TRENDING: Newspaper owner: ‘It was a lot and a lot of money, and now it’s gone’

Firefighters, deputies and Vectren crews responded to Timberlane Learning Center at 2131 Timber Lane in Harrison Twp. around 10 a.m. after a smell of natural gas was reported at the school.

LOCAL WEATHER: Track the latest conditions with Live Doppler 7 Radar

The report was reported by a custodian who noticed a natural gas smell around the clinic area of the school, Northridge Local Schools Superintendent David Jackson said.

Students and staff members were evacuated to nearby Northridge High School where they watched a movie in the school’s auditorium while the report was investigated, Jackson said.

No students or staff members were injured or reported any illnesses.

Firefighters said they were not able to locate any leaks inside or around the building.

Students are expected to return to the school today, but an exact time when they will return was not known.

Additional details were not available.

About the Author