Just 15 minutes into 2018, a baby boy was born at Wright-Patterson Medical Center, a base spokesman said.
A baby boy was born at 12:15 a.m. at the Wright-Patterson Medical Center. The newborn weighs 7 pounds, 4 ounces, and he is 20.5 inches long. A base spokesman said the couple is not willing to share any more information about the baby at this time.
Two more babies were born in the early hours of 2018 — one at the Soin Medical Center in Beavercreek at 3:36 a.m., and another baby at Southview Medical Center in Washington Twp. at 3:30 a.m. Another baby boy was born at 2:54 a.m. at Miami Valley Hospital. He weighs 7 pounds, 15 ounces, and he is 21 inches long.
Tanesha Bishop, of Springfield, delivered her newborn son, Brennan, at 8:30 a.m. at Springfield Regional Medical Center. Her baby was the first born in Clark County. Bishop was in labor for more than 11 hours. Her due date was Jan. 11, so the New Year’s Day birth was a bit of a surprise, she said.
FIVE FAST BUSINESS READS
• Woman convicted of teen slaying in Dayton released on Christmas Day
• No more waiting? Kroger looking to eliminate checkout lanes
• Currency of the future? Some argue it's bitcoin
• Southwest Airlines adds new flight at local airport
• 7 things we learned about lead, local water infrastructure this year
About the Author