Hazardous road conditions have been reported Sunday across the region following Saturday’s winter storm.
Blowing and drifting snow has been reported across the region, creating additional hazardous conditions.
LOCAL WEATHER: Wind Chill Advisory in effect Sunday night; latest forecast here
At 5:30 a.m. Sunday, over 1,300 Ohio Department of Transportation snow plows were on the roads statewide, attempting to keep conditions safe for driving, ODOT spokesman Matt Bruning said in a tweet.
LIVE WEATHER AND TRAFFIC UPDATES: Listen to AM 1290 and News 95.7 WHIO
Several counties remain under snow emergencies following the storm, meaning road conditions are hazardous.
Preble County Sheriff Mike Simpson said Preble County will remain under a Level 3 snow emergency until at least noon when crews will be able to assess the current situation.
At 6:50 a.m., several county dispatches reported very poor road conditions.
In Darke County, several side-offs were reported, but county road crews were not being dispatched until 7 a.m.
In Miami County, drifting snow is reported in more open areas on rural roads, dispatchers said.
While traffic volume is light, some crashes have been reported in the region.
- On I-70 westbound in Clark County, a vehicle reportedly struck a guard rail around 3:45 p.m.
- In the 2500 block of Needmore Road in Harrison Twp, a vehicle reportedly slid into a building at 2:40 p.m.
- In the 6300 block of Frederick Pike in Harrison Twp, a vehicle in a ditch was reportedly blocking traffic around 11:25 a.m.
- On the U.S. 35 East bypass at U.S. 42 in Xenia, a crash between an SUV and snow plow was reported around 10:30 a.m.
- On West Consolidated Road near Camden Road in Preble County, a private ambulance was involved in a slide-off crash, found by our crew around 10 a.m.
- On westbound U.S. 35 near Smithville Road in Dayton, a slide-off crash was reported around 9:40 a.m.
- On the State Route 4 on ramp to I-75 in Dayton, police and medics responded to a crash reported around 9:10 a.m.
- On Interstate 70 East, near Ohio 72 in Springfield Twp. Clark County, deputies, state troopers and medics responded to a slide-off crash reported around 8:40 a.m.
- On Brush Row Road between Stevenson Road and Mason Road, multiple cars are reportedly stuck at the bottom of the hill near Mason Road. Police are blocking both directions of Brush Row Road due to the conditions.
- On East Dayton Yellow Springs Road east of West Enon Road, near Yellow Springs, a vehicle was reported in a ditch around 7:35 a.m.
- On Eaton Lewisburg Road near Shields Road in Preble County, deputies reported multiple slide-off crashes and disabled vehicles around 7:30 a.m.
- On Old Troy Pike near Fishburg Road in Huber Heights, a single-vehicle crash was reported around 6:45 a.m.
We’ll continue to update this story as new details become available.