Dayton Power & Light Company has suspended disconnection for nonpayment until further notice or a minimum of 30 days for residential and business customers.
DP&L recommends all customers do their best to maintain utility bill payments, as you will be responsible to pay all charges associated with your usage during this period.
DP&L customers have a variety of payment options including:
• By phone at 800-433-8500, Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
• By mail at PO Box 740598, Dayton, OH 45274-0598.
• Online by enrolling in MyDP&L and creating an online payment account.
• In person at an authorized pay agent. We encourage customers to use our phone, mail and online options for their safety.
In addition to the suspension of disconnections, the following customer payment relief actions are in place for the duration of the State of Emergency.
• DP&L is temporarily waiving customer reconnection fees, late payment fees, and service fees for credit and debit card payments.
• The up-front security deposit for service connects is no longer required. If a customer’s situation requires a deposit, it will be posted on the first bill statement.
• To assist customers, DP&L will arrange flexible payment plans for past due balances.
• To avoid the risk of face-to-face contact, DP&L is suspending in-person meter reading. If we cannot read your meter, we will estimate your usage, subject to reconciliation when we are able to read your meter.
• DP&L is extending the winter reconnect policy through May 1. This allows customers to pay no more than $175 to have service reconnected or maintained, including customers who have already used the policy during the 2019-2020 winter season.
For more information on payment and billing, visit dpandl.com.
Thank you for reading the Dayton Daily News and for supporting local journalism. Subscribers: log in for access to your daily ePaper and premium newsletters.
Thank you for supporting in-depth local journalism with your subscription to the Dayton Daily News. Get more news when you want it with email newsletters just for subscribers. Sign up here.