The region experienced its first severe weather of the season as high winds of up to 64 mph caused thousands of customers to lose power.
The strong winds also knocked down power poles and trees, and caused property damage throughout the Miami Valley.
Below are wind gust reports for each county in the region:
- Wapakoneta, 41 mph
- Oxford, 49 mph
- NE Beckett Ridge, 46 mph
- ESE New Miami, 42 mph
- Beckett Ridge, 41 mph
- NW Middletown, 39 mph
- E. Beckett Ridge, 38 mph
- Springfield-Beckley Airport, 39 mph
- S. Lawrenceville 38 mph
- Wright-Patterson AFB, 43 mph
- Greene County Airport, 41 mph
- Holiday Valley, 40 mph
- Spring Valley, 35 mph
- Xenia Greene County Airport, 41 mph
- Cincinnati Lunken Field, 63 mph
- Cincinnati West Airport, 39 mph
- Cherry Grove 37, mph
- SSE Covedale, 36 mph
- Bellefontaine Regional Airport, 43 mph
- Rockford, 36 mph
- Dayton-Wright Brothers Airport, 44 mph
- S Dayton, 43 mph
- Dayton International Airport, 39 mph
E. Eaton 56 mph
- Warren County Airport, 45 mph
- SE Five Points, 37 mph
- SSW Springboro, 35 mph
Thank you for reading the Dayton Daily News and for supporting local journalism. Subscribers: log in for access to your daily ePaper and premium newsletters.
Thank you for supporting in-depth local journalism with your subscription to the Dayton Daily News. Get more news when you want it with email newsletters just for subscribers. Sign up here.