Police and medics located two unresponsive women when they arrived. One was halfway in the living room near the children. The other was in an area near the kitchen and bathroom.
The women were identified as Leslie Harbarger, 45, and Angela Benda, 47. Both overdose victims were revived with Narcan.
Benda and Harbarger were transported to Miami Valley Hospital for treatment.
“It should be noted that fire crews used every dose of Narcan they were carrying and I had to give two doses of my issued Narcan,” the reporting officer wrote.
According to police, Benda reported she ingested one heroin cap. Harbarger denied taking heroin, but said was known to abuse her prescription medication.
Montgomery County Children Services was notified about the incident.
A summons was issued for the two women in lieu of an arrest.