Moraine’s highest-paid worker was Anthony Trick, former fire chief who retired in February 2016 after decades of service with the city. His $189,679 gross pay was mostly accrued sick and vacation leave, according to city payroll records.
RELATED: Moraine replaces retiring fire chief
An I-Team investigation this year found the ability to cash out unused sick and vacation leave is a rare perk in the private sector, though local governments are on the hook for tens of millions of dollars worth of these payments.
SPECIAL REPORT: Taxpayers on hook for $444M in unused state worker leave
Local governments make payroll with your money, which is why the I-Team has assembled and made available a searchable database of pay for public employees.
The five highest paid Moraine employees last year were:
1. Anthony Trick, fire chief: $189,679
2. David Hicks, city manager: $148,079
3. Charles Gambill, firefighter: $122,692
4. Craig Richardson, police chief: $118,910
5. Toby Matheney, fire lieutenant: $115,670