The Dayton police officers who engaged a shooter in the Oregon District early Sunday morning have been identified.
Video shows the officers stopping the suspect moments before he would have entered Ned Pepper's bar.
The six officers are:
- Sgt. William C. Knight, sworn in Feb. 14, 1997
- Officer Brian Rolfes, sworn in April 8, 2016
- Officer Jeremy Campbell, sworn in Aug. 5, 2016
- Officer Vincent Carter, sworn in April 8, 2016
- Officer Ryan Nabel, sworn in April 8, 2016
- Officer David Denlinger, sworn in April 8, 2016
It is not known which officer shot and killed the suspected shooter, identified as Connor Betts 24, of Bellbrook.
All the officers are on administrative leave, which is protocol for officer-involved shootings.
Nine people were killed during the incident and 27 were injured.
In Other News
Right-wing populist Javier Milei gains support in Argentina by blasting...
Erdogan takes lead in unofficial count in Turkey’s presidential runoff
Ukraine's Kostyuk booed at French Open after no handshake with Belarus'...
President attends 2nd grandchild's graduation as daughter of Biden's...
Biden and GOP reach debt-ceiling deal. Now Congress must approve it to...
About the Author