'The Flash’ actor Logan Williams died from fentanyl overdose, according to his mom

Actor Logan Williams, who portrayed "The Flash" on television, died last month from an overdose of fentanyl, his mother said.

Williams died a week shy of his 17th birthday on April 2. His mother, Marlyse Williams, said toxicology results showed her son died of a fentanyl overdose after a three-year battle with opioid addiction, USA Today reported.

"His death is not going to be in vain," Marlyse Williams said in an interview. "He's going to help a lot of people down the road."

Marlyse Williams said her son began acting when he was 9 but took a break four years later due to the stress of auditioning, Variety reported. She said Logan Williams began using marijuana and escalated to stronger drugs, the magazine reported.

Marlyse Williams said she mortgaged her home again to send her son to a treatment center in the United States and one in British Columbia, the Vancouver Sun reported. Logan Williams spent a month in rehab at a group home, the newspaper reported.

I did everything humanly possible — everything a mother could do," Marlyse Williams said, according to The Hollywood Reporter. "I did everything but handcuff him to me to try to keep him safe."

Williams appeared in eight episodes of the CW superhero series. He last appeared in the Season 2 premiere in 2015, according to IMDb.com. He also had roles on "Supernatural," "The Whispers" and "When Calls the Heart," according to the entertainment database.

About the Author