A new Goodwill will open in early 2019 at a Fairborn shopping center.
The new location will take up about 19,000 square feet of the 72,000 previously occupied by Kroger before it expanded and relocated within the Shoppes at Valle Greene on East Dayton Yellow Springs Road.
BIZ BEAT:New store at Mall at Fairfield Commons applies permanent makeup
“We are very excited about this opportunity to serve Fairborn and the surrounding communities,” said Matt Arntz, vice president of retail operations for Goodwill Easterseals Miami Valley. “The Fairborn Goodwill Store allows us to expand our retail and donation experience for our customers.”
Last year, the developer also added PetValu, Starbucks and Cassano’s. A Menard’s store is in the works.
“With the recent sale of 21 acres to Menards and the Kroger Marketplace expansion, Shoppes at Valle Greene represents a steady and desirable growth area in the market,” said Chris Conley, president and partner of Oberer Realty and representative of the developer.
FIVE FAST READS
• Walmart to buy plus apparel brand
• Ohio farmers face tough economic conditions amid trade war crossfire
• Amazon boosts wages for area Whole Foods, Amazon workers
• Here’s how to get a free entree at Chipotle
• Tipp City luxury home built by German Baptist crew for sale
About the Author