“It matters,” he said. “Lots of parents and families look at U.S. News & World Report.”
Wright State’s engineering program also fared well among national universities, coming in at No. 146 overall in the category of schools with doctoral engineering programs. WSU’s engineering program tied with 21 other schools including Boise State University and the University of Akron, according to U.S. News.
In the category of “Best National Universities,” Wright State did not receive an official ranking but was named as being in the bottom 72 of 301 schools considered for the ranking.
Here are the categories Wright State placed in.
• No.146 in the overall category of best engineering programs with a doctoral program. (22-way tie)
• No. 274 in the category of best undergraduate business programs. (38-way tie)
FIVE FAST READS
• Area college welcomes largest freshmen class in its history
• Turner calls Trump ‘shortsighted’ over cancelled pay raise for federal workers
• Wright-Patt active shooter scare remains unclear a month later
• Trump’s Space Force proposal could impact NASIC at Wright-Patt
• WATCH: Police body camera footage shows chaos at UD on St. Patrick’s Day
THANKS FOR READING
The Dayton Daily News is committed to bringing you independent, in-depth local stories. Help support our journalism by signing up for a print or digital subscription.