3. Average passengers can still wear what they want on flights. Regularly ticketed passengers are not subject to the same dress code as those who are traveling with an employee travel pass, according to a spokesman for United.
» RELATED: 9 times how someone looked brought trouble
4. A third girl was also traveling using an employee pass and would’ve also been barred from the flight, but slipped a dress on over the leggings. Witnesses at the airport questioned the validity of the airline’s policy.
5. Though the airline explained what its policies were, people still took to social media to share their opinion about the incident.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
FIVE FAST BUSINESS READS
• Huber Heights manufacturer will add 42 employees in tax credit deal
• RETAIL APOCALYPSE: 3,500 stores or more to close this year
• STORE CLOSURES: GameStop to close 150 stores
• Harambe fans rejoice: Charity to host gorilla-themed run in Cincinnati
• Did your favorite make the list? 10 best pizza places in Ohio