Toddler taken to hospital after ingesting ‘pool shock’

A 16-month-old child was taken to the hospital after ingesting chemicals used to treat swimming pools.

Emergency crews responded to the home in the 4900 block of Johnson Road in German Twp.

The male toddler grabbed an empty “pool shock” bottle that his mother had just put in the recycle bin and ingested what was left in it, according to a dispatcher at the Clark County Sheriff’s Office.

The child began vomiting immediately. He was taken to the Springfield Regional Medical Center for treatment.