Consumer Reports tested the systems based on a number of features that it deemed to be “security essentials” for the bare minimum in home security:
- Self-monitoring via mobile phone app
- Keypads and key fobs
- E911 (the ability to contact emergency services regardless of your location)
The publication also judged additional security features concerning personal safety, smart home capabilities, motion detection and more.
Let's look at the best DIY home security systems, according to Consumer Reports. We've listed the basic features of each device. Consumer Reports says each of these systems also has data security: "data privacy, data security, replay disarm resistance, and jamming resistance." The scores are based on a 100-point scale.
Report: These Are the Top DIY Home Security Systems
1. SimpliSafe The Essentials SS3-01
- Security essentials
- Data security
- Monitoring: Optional
Three subscription plans, including Self-Monitoring ($10 per month); Standard Monitoring ($18 per month); and Interactive Monitoring ($28 per month).
2. Kangaroo Front Door Security Kit
3. Ring Alarm Security Kit 4K19SZ-0ENO (2nd Gen)
4. Ecobee Home Security Solution
5. Blue by ADT Starter Plus System
The post Which Home Security Systems Rank Better Than Ring? appeared first on Clark Howard.